Happy new month and a new week : )
Trust you had a great weekend?
Here’s what I have for you this week
What I did last week 😇
- I had a live-coding video session with Gift, where I showed how to Build In-App Chat with Stream. In it, I showed how to use Stream’s React SDK to build a chat app where people can have groups and conversations.
- I published How to Create Reusable SVG Icon React Components where I explain how I create customizable Icon React components where I can easily change the colors and sizes of icons via props.
- I shared Practicing - a key way to growing in Tech, a YouTube shorts where I emphasized the role practicing plays in helping you grow in your tech career.
- I shared 5 VS Code Dark Themes you may want to try out.
Here’s a technical writing resource I created, Simplified Technical Writing
, where I share most (if not all) of my experience in Technical writing. In it, I share how to get started, how to get topics, writing jobs you can apply for and so much more. Do check it out if interested and share : )
Featured Articles ✍️
3 Web Observers Every Web Developer Should Know: there are different observers on browsers for observing different things that happens in a page. Check out these 3
- The React Cheatsheet for 2022
Bumper-Sticker API Design: Learn a better approach to API design in this piece.
Featured Videos 📹
My Terminal Has SUPER POWERS! (My New FAVORITE Terminal Plugin): learn about amazing things you can do on terminal with Fig.
How to get a job in DevRel as a beginner with no experience: if you’re looking to get into DevRel with little to no experience, you can get some tips from this video
This New CSS Property Gets Perfect Aspect Ratios Every Time: learn about the
aspect ratio new CSS property in this shorts.
Tool of the day 🛠
: React hook that keeps track of CSS media queries. With this hook, you can conditionally render elements based on the size of a screen. Here’s an example usage:
const isWide = usemedia("max-width: 767px")
isWide && <ComponentA />
Useful tip of the day ✨
VS Code now has an in-built file history
feature. With this feature, you can compare file histories, restore or delete histories.
That’s it for this week.
I currently have an Instagram account @deeecode
where I share code/tech tips from time to time. Do follow if you’re interested :)
If you’d like to talk about Tech (writing or software engineering) or have questions, you can schedule a meeting with me in my Calendly profile
. Looking forward to meeting you.
As a content creator, I love simplifying diverse topics in web development that I understand. Do you have any issues, tools, or frameworks that you’d like to understand better? Do let me know, and I may come up with an article or video on it.
A new week, another opportunity to do amazing things! So go do amazing things 🚀.
Do have a splendid week 🌟