- I published How to Code a Gmail Spaces Clone With React, where I showed how to use Stream’s React SDK to build a Gmail Spaces Demo. Join me in this article as I show you how I built this from scratch.
- I published Building Your First Application With Deno where I explain the basic features of Deno and show you how to build your first application (live server, APIs and testing with Postman)
- I published Formatting Dates in JS with the Intl API, a YouTube shorts where I show how to format dates without using an external library
- I published static, relative, absolute, fixed, sticky - Understanding the difference. In this article, I explain the difference between these CSS position styles, using visual examples.
- I published How to Center an Absolute Positioned Element Vertically and Horizontally with CSS. Absolute elements usually have a different flow, and can be hard to center. In this article, I explain a quick hack to center absolute elements in a container.
- I published How to Manage Browser Defaults with event.preventDefault() and event.stopPropagation(), where I explain what default actions and behaviours are (with examples), and show how to override them with these event methods.
- I published daily.dev clone with React, where I showed how I built a clone of the daily.dev landing page from scratch. Kindly like and subscribe if you find it helpful
- I published Google Search Tips Every Developer Should Know, where I share tips that can improve your Google search and help you get results faster
- I shared how to Store Objects and Arrays in Local Storage. Only strings can be stored in local storage so in this post, I explain a hack to use to store objects and arrays
Here’s a technical writing resource I created, Simplified Technical Writing
, where I share most (if not all) of my experience in Technical writing. In it, I share how to get started, how to get topics, writing jobs you can apply for and so much more. Do check it out if interested and share : )
Featured Articles ✍️
The world of Developer Relations. Making sense of the Developer Relations: are you interested in the DevRel space? Check out this article to learn more
How to Use TypeScript with GraphQL using TypeGraphQL: Learn how to use TypeScript with GraphQL
Featured Videos 📹
How did Victor get his first Full-time Job as a Junior Designer? Check out this interview I had with Victor, a Product Designer, where he shared the tips that helped him land his first full-time role
Learn useCallback In 8 Minutes: this video explains how the useCallback hook in React works
Tool of the day 🛠
Do you know the size of the packages you use in your applications? The Import Cost VS Code extension
makes that easy to know. With Import Cost, you have the size of an imported package displayed inline and this helps you know how large your app bundle would be.
Useful tip of the day ✨
The Screen Capture API
allows users to select their screen (or a portion of it) which platforms like Google meet uses to enable users to share their browser screens and windows
That’s it for this week.
I currently have an Instagram account @deeecode
where I share code/tech tips from time to time. Do follow if you’re interested :)
If you’d like to talk about Tech (writing or software engineering) or have questions, you can schedule a meeting with me in my Calendly profile
. Looking forward to meeting you.
As a content creator, I love simplifying diverse topics in web development that I understand. Do you have any issues, tools, or frameworks that you’d like to understand better? Do let me know, and I may come up with an article or video on it.
A new week, another opportunity to do amazing things! So go do amazing things 🚀.
Do have a splendid week 🌟