Happy new week : )
Trust you had a great weekend and you’re rounding up the month happy?
I’m sorry you didn’t hear from me in the last 2 weeks. For the first week, I didn’t have much resources to share, and for the second week, I had so many, I was disorganised and couldn’t settle down to compile them.
While I haven’t yet settled down completely, here’s what I have for you this week
What I did last week 😇
In the last few weeks, I’ve published many resources from my blog
, to FreeCodeCamp
, to Instagram
(win of the week was I crossed 300 followers here 😇). I’ll share few of them here:
- I published a YouTube shorts: React Context in 1 minute where I explain how React Context works and how it solves the problem of prop drilling
- I published Minify CSS – CSS Minifying and Compression Explained: In this article, I explain the concept and relevance of CSS compression and tools to help you achieve this
- I published After Rejection Emails, what do you do next? - Here is my Tip on YouTube. In this video, I share a tip that has worked for me in some cases, which is asking for feedback after getting rejection emails
- I had an interview with Tariq, Product Design Lead where he shared the tips that helped him secure his first full-time job as a Junior Designer
- Following two CSS battles, I showed my process of Building a Tiger’s Eye and Building a Fork with HTML and CSS from scratch. Watch my CSS hassles, and tips and share in the videos.
- I published a YouTube shorts: Welcome to the Netherlands, where you’re rewarded for contributing to recycling ✨
Here’s a technical writing resource I created, Simplified Technical Writing
, where I share most (if not all) of my experience in Technical writing. In it, I share how to get started, how to get topics, writing jobs you can apply for and so much more. Do check it out if interested and share : )
Featured Articles ✍️
New in Google I/O 2022: Exploring the HTML Dialog Element: In Google I/O 2022, the Dialog Element was announced with more features especially for accessibility. Learn what’s new and what you can do with this element in this article
CSS Functions – How to Use calc(), max(), min(), and clamp(): CSS is more than a stylesheet these days. There’s some programming going on also, such as functions, which this article explains.
Creating a VS Code Theme: Do you want to make VS Code Themes? In this article, Sarah shares how she makes themes.
100+ Web 3.0 Common Terminology: If you want to learn about web3, check out this article for some of the popular/unpopular terms explained
Featured Videos 📹
- Which should you use, <img /> or background-image? A quick look at the tradeoffs, particularly for performance
How did Victor get his first Full-time Job as a Junior Designer? Check out this interview I had with Victor, a Product Designer, where he shared the tips that helped him land his first full-time role
- How to Become a Web Developer in 2022!
Learn useCallback In 8 Minutes: this video explains how the useCallback hook in React works
- React Context in 1 minute - YouTube
Tool of the day 🛠
Do you know that you can easily setup a live server for your projects in your VS Code Editor? The Live Server
extension serves this purpose. It creates a server on a port, and you can enter the localhost port on your browser.
Useful tip of the day ✨
That’s it for this week.
I currently have an Instagram account @deeecode
where I share code/tech tips from time to time. Do follow if you’re interested :)
If you’d like to talk about Tech (writing or software engineering) or have questions, you can schedule a meeting with me in my Calendly profile
. Looking forward to meeting you.
As a content creator, I love simplifying diverse topics in web development that I understand. Do you have any issues, tools, or frameworks that you’d like to understand better? Do let me know, and I may come up with an article or video on it.
A new week, another opportunity to do amazing things! So go do amazing things 🚀.
Do have a splendid week 🌟