Happy new week : )
Trust you had a great weekend and your week is coming up nicely?
Sorry this piece is coming a day late.
Here’s what I have for you this week:
What I did last week(s) 😇
- I published 3 Steps to getting Online Jobs as a Technical Writer
- I published Responsibilities of Backend Developers where I share the responsibilities beyond “creating APIs” that can be associated with backend developers developers.
Outreachy is currently receiving internship applications so if you’re looking to grow and hone your skills in programming, design, or documentation (to name a few), you should apply. I talked about the program in this TikTok video. If you don’t do TikTok, you can check out this YouTube shorts where I briefly talked about it.
- Also on TikTok, I shared 10 websites where you can find open job opportunities, my opinion on Backend vs Frontend - which is the most difficult and frontendmentor.io, a platform where you can get projects to practice your Frontend skills with.
Featured Articles ✍️
- Why React Re-Renders
- JWT Common Attacks. What Is JWT 🤔?
- Next.js vs NuxtJS: a comparison of two powerhouses
- 11 Pro Vim Tips to Get Better Editing Experience
Featured Videos 📹
- React: The Past, Present, and Beyond!
- How to Break into Technical Writing with David Darner
- Adding Pagination to your Gatsby blogs using gatsby-paginate
Tool of the day 🛠
is a React hook that allows you to trigger actions at a later time.
Use case: say you want to make API requests as a user fills an input. Using this tool, instead of calling the API every second, you can call the API at a later time (when the user stops typing)
Useful tip of the day ✨
Here’s a very easy way to filter
falsy values from your array:
With this code, every value of the array will be passed to the
Boolean constructor, and the returned value of the filter operation will be an array of filtered
That’s it for this week.
Here’s a technical writing resource I created, Simplified Technical Writing
, where I share most (if not all) of my experience in Technical writing. In it, I share how to get started, how to get topics, writing jobs you can apply for and so much more. Do check it out if interested and share : )
I currently have an Instagram account @deeecode
where I share code/tech tips from time to time. Do follow if you’re interested :)
If you’d like to talk about Tech (writing or software engineering) or have questions, you can schedule a meeting with me in my Calendly profile
. Looking forward to meeting you.
As a content creator, I love simplifying diverse topics in web development that I understand. Do you have any issues, tools, or frameworks that you’d like to understand better? Do let me know, and I may come up with an article or video on it.
A new week, another opportunity to do amazing things! So go do amazing things 🚀.
Do have a splendid week 🌟